Want a special favor box that is as sweet and vintage as it is very quick to make? Eileen Hull releases her magic again today with this Rectangle Box from her Celebrations die cut line by Sizzix. Die cut from Eileen's scroreboard these shapes are sturdy enough to paint and embellish and will last a long time. I painted the box black and added patterned paper scraps to the sides, front and back. I painted 1/2 wood knobs DecoArt Americana Acrylics Sea Breeze and dry brushed them black. The knob on top is a acorn finial. All these shapes can be purchased at your local craft supply in the wood craft section.
I just love the new Karen Foster Design starburst brads I am seeing so much of right now. And who can get enough of 7 Gypsies paper tape? Add a simple wood tag with a Glue Dot, stamped with your favorite sentiment and you are ready with an adorable mini gift box that can be used for so many things. Here are some of my favorite ideas for giving Mom something in this box she will remember:
- Mom's favorite gift card, wrapped in a vintage hankie or other linen tucked inside the box
- A coordinating piece of jewelry such as earrings or a bracelet- you could also use small shapes decoupaged with some patterned paper scraps to create these
- A small framed photo of the two of you together
- Her old fashioned favorite sweets such as ribbon candy or taffy
- Small scraps of paper folded- inside each one tell her why she is so special to you
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think of this project and how you would fill the box for Mom.
Live Life Creatively,