Last week I reached another milestone on Etsy. I got my first wholesale order! Many of you may not be interested in selling wholesale on Etsy or selling handmade items on Etsy at all. But if you are like me, you know the value of promoting yourself and Etsy is a great place to do it.
Recently, I offered a few tips for selling on Etsy. Here are five more you may find helpful.
Ten Tips for Selling on Etsy-Part Two
6. Use the power of Social Media to market your Etsy shop. By using marketing tactics that are engaging, you build a community around yourself and your business. You use online tools to form real, one-on-one relationships with people. Blogging, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and YouTube are only a few of the social media tools available to help promote your Etsy shop. Savvy marketers know that its important to engage their market rather than advertise to it. Link your Facebook page, Twitter account, etc, to your blog and vice versa. Offer compelling content to your audience in an effort to build relationships with them.
7. Find your niche. Attempting to stand out in a crowded market place like Etsy can be difficult. Develop a distinct style and brand that is different from what is already out there. What is it that you offer and how is it unique? Instead of creating something you think will sell, create for yourself and explore, experiment and have fun.
8. Use the Etsy Mini. If you blog and or have a website, set up the Etsy mini to show off your handmade creations. The Etsy mini is a customizable widget that allows you to post a block of Etsy item images onto your own Web pages. The Etsy Mini can show either items from your shop (for sellers) or your favorites (for everyone).Step by step instructions on how to set up an Etsy mini is available in the Etsy Sellers Handbook.
9. Join a Team. Etsy teams are growing in popularity as social media explodes. Consider joining a team of likeminded Esty sellers who can offer support and encouragement. Teams can be local or virtual. The team I am on revolves around the theme of celebrations. We create treasuries featuring other team members shop items. Its a great way to offer help and get feedback from other Etsy sellers.
10. Offer and Promote Custom Ordering. Half of my sales have come from people requesting custom orders. If I had to guess, I would bet that it's the same for other Etsy sellers. Increasingly, people are seeking to personalize their purchases on Etsy. If your items are easily customizable, promote this in your shop's policies. Also, mention it in the item description. Offer discounts when your customers are ordering in multiples.
If you are looking for some tips on setting up your Etsy shop and/or promoting it, I hope you found some good information here. Feel free to "convo" me, comment here or send me an email if you have any questions or comments.
Live Life Creatively,